Wednesday, March 24, 2010
PRE-2006 CENTRAL GOVERNMENT PENSIONERS REPRESENTATION REGARDING REVISION OF PENSION
Representations regarding revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners;
ORDER FROM MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, P.G. & PENSIONS
F.No.38/37/08-P&PW(A)Government of India Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Department of Pension & Pensioner’s Welfare Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110003
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak BhawanKhan Market, New Delhi – 110003Dated the 04.03.2010.
Subject:- Representations regarding revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners.
The undersigned is directed to say that orders for revision of pension/family pension of pre-2006 pensioners were issued vide this Department’s OM of even number dated 1.9.2008. Para 4.1 of that OM lays down the manner in which the pension/family pension of pre-2006 pensioners is to be consolidated w.e.f. 1.1.2006. In accordance with these instructions, a fitment weightage @ 40% of the pre-2006 basic pension/family pension (excluding the merged dearness relief of 50%) is to be given for revision of the pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners.
2. Para 4.2 of the aforesaid OM further provides that fixation of pension will be subject to the provision that the revised pension, in no case, shall be lower than fifty percent of the minimum of the pay in the pay band plus the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired. In the case of HAG+ and above scales, this will be fifty percent of the minimum of the revised pay scale. It was clarified in the OM dated 3.10.2008 that the pension calculated at 50% of the minimum of the pay in the pay band (irrespective of the pre-revised scale of pay) plus the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale. The pension will be reduced pro-data, where the pensioners had less than the maximum required service for full pension as per rule 49 of the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 as applicable before 1.1.2006 and in no case it will be less than Rs.3500/- p.m. The fixation of family pension will be subject to the provision that the revised family pension, in no case, shall be lower than thirty percent of the sum of the minimum of the pay in the pay band and the grade pay thereon corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired. A Table indicating the revised pension based on revised pay bands and grade pay was also annexed with this Department’s OM dated 14.10.2008.
3. A total of ten years be prescribed beyond which an officer may not be A large number of representations / references were received in this Department in regard to the provisions of para 4.2 of the OM dated 1.9.2008 and it was clarified in this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 11.2.2009 that the instructions / clarifications issued in this regard were in consonance with the decision of the Government on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission and no change was required to be made in this respect.
4. In spite of the above clarifications, representations are still being received from pre-2006 pensioners (including those who retired from the pre-revised S-29 pay scale i.e. Rs.18400-22400) for higher revised pension in terms of para 4.2 of the O.M. dated 1.9.2008. Representations have also been received demanding a higher fitment weightage to the pre-2006 pensioners in revision of pension in terms of Para 4.1 of the said OM.
5. These representations have been examined in consultation with Ministry of Finance. It is reiterated that orders relating to revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners have been correctly issued as per the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission and no change is required to be made in this respect.
6. All references / representations received in this Department on the above issues stand disposed off accordingly.
(Tripti P.Ghosh)Director (PP)
-chennai 2012-2013 25% INCREASE 50%DA MERGER 6th cpc 6th cpc-CFTI 7 7th CPC 7th PAY COMMISSION a:assam AADHAR ACP ACPS ACR ADMISSION ADVANCE Advance Increments AIAMSHQ AIANGO AICPIN AICTE AIDEF AIEEE AIIMS AIR INDIA AIRF AKASH PC All India Central Government Canteen Employees & Workers Association All India Consumer Price Index allotment ALLOWANCE AMA RULES ANOMALEE -major ANOMALEE COMMITTEE APAR appointment APPRENTICE APRIL 14 ARMY ARMY-PENSIONERS ARREARS Assam govt employee ATM AUTONOMOUS BOBDIES award backward Bangalore Railway Station Becomes the First Station in the Country to Have Wifi Facility BANK DA BANK EMPLOYEES BANKS Basic Facilities to Persons with Multiple Disabilities BCPC benefits BHEL BIOMETRIC ATTENDANCE BONUS BONUS 2009-10 bonus 2012 BONUS 2012-13 BONUS ORDER BPMS BPS BSNL BUDGET 2011-2012 budget 2012 BUDGET 2013 BUDGET 2014-15 BUDGET 2015 Cadre Restructuring cancer treatment under cghs CANTEEN EMPLOYEES CAPF CAR ADVANCE cashless treatment cat CBDT CBEC CBSE cbse cce marking scheme cbse schools in chennai CCGEW CCL ccs joining rules 1979 ccs rules 1968 CCS RULES1972 ccs rules1988 CCSRULES 2008 CCSRULES1974 CDSE CEA CENTRAL DA central government employees CENTRAL GOVERNMENT JOBS CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION cgda CGEGIS CGEPHIS cgewho CGHS CGHS DELHI CGHS JABALPUR CGHS NEW RATES 2014 charge man charge sheet charter of demands CHILD CARE LEAVE children education allowance cisf CITU CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION CMSS college COMMON ENTRANCE TEST compassionate appointment COMPUTER CONFEDERATION CONVEYANCE ALLOWANCE cordite factory corruption COURT cpc cpf cpi CPI-IW CPI-IW inflation CPSE cpwd credit cards cs exam cs ma rules 1944 CS(MA) CSD css CVC DA da jan 2012 DA JAN 2013 DA JAN 2015 DA JANUARY 2014 da july 2012 DA JULY 2013 DA JULY 2014 DA MERGER DA ORDER DA with Inflation DA-RAJASTHAN GOVT da10% DCMAF DEARNESS ALLOWANCE Dearness Pay dearness relief DEATH CUM RETIREMENT BENIFITS declaration of assets DECLARATION OF HOLIDAY defence defence employees defence jobs defence jobs 2012-13 defence news DIABETES CONTROL DIRECT TAX Directorate of Estates Directorate of Estates Orders 2013 dis DISABILITY Disbursement of salary/wages/pension DISCOUNT DISINVESTMENT disposal of the disciplinary proceeding cases DIWALI doctors DOE dopt DOPT CIRCULAR 2013 DOPT ORDERS DOPT-HOLIDAY dopt-pension DPE DPPW DR Dr Ambedkar birth day Dr BR AMBEDKAR BIRTHDAY DRDO E FILING Early Closure of Offices in connection with Republic Day Parade EARNED LEAVE ECHS EDUCATION efiing election EMPANELMENT NEW EMPLOYEES EMPLOYMENT encashment of leave EPF EPFO EQUAL PAY ESI ESIC EX -SERVICEMEN EX-GRATIA exaamination examination EXPECTED DA EXPECTED PAY SCALE FOR 7 TH CPC exservicemen FACTORIES ACT family pensioners FAQ FDI FEBRUARY STRIKE 20 AND 21 FESTIVAL ADVANCE filing FINANCE financial upgradation FINE finmin FIXED MEDICAL ALLOWANCE FMA FNPO FRESH EMPANELMENT GDS GENERAL ELECTION GoM on Workers' Demands GOVERNMENT ACCOMODATION GPF GPRAS GRADE PAH OF LDC & UDC GRADEPAY GRATUITY GROUP C POST GROUP D POST HBA HEALTH HIGHER EDUCATION HIMACHAL PRADESH GOVT EMPLOYEES HOLIDAY HOLIDAY HOMES Holiday Home at Sikkim Holiday Home at West Bengal Holiday Homes HOLIDAYS 2013 HOLIDAYS 2014 HOLIDAYS 2015 HOME LOAN home town Hospital Patient Care Allowances/Patient Care Allowances HOSPITALS HOUSE BUILDING ADVANCE HOUSING LOAN hpl HRA hvf IAF IAS ICS ID CARD IDA IES/ISS IGNOU IIM IIT INCENTIVE INCOME TAX INCOMETAX increment india post INDWF INSURANCE INTEREST RATES OF EPF INTERIM RELIEF INTUC IOC IOFGOA irctc IRDA IRS IRTSA ITI J&K JCM JEE july 2011 JWM Karnataka Pay Commission Report KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA Keywords: DA hike KSCB KV kvp KVS KVS.KV LABOUR LAW labourers LDC LDC-UDC ISSUE LDCE LEAVE LEAVE ENCASHMENT LEAVE RULES leave salary LEAVE TRAVEL CONCESSION LIC/GIC LIFE CERTIFICATE LOAN lok pal loksabha LPG LTA LTC LTC 80 FARE LTC80 FARES MACP maternity leave MCM MEDICAL MEDICAL ATTENDANCE ministries MINORITIES MNP MOD MODEL RECRUITMENT modernization Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS): MOF mother MTNL MTS MULTI TASKING STAFF MUSLIM NAC nalandha NATIONAL COUNCIL national defence academy NATIONAL PENSION SCHEME NATIONAL PENSION SYSTEM NC JCM nda NDP NEET NER NEW PAY SCALE NEW PENSION SCHEME NEWS NFIR NFPE NFU NHFDC NIGHT DUTY ALLOWANCE NLC NMC NPS nsc NTC OBC odisha govt OFB ONAM one rank one pension online entrance exam option ORDINANCE FACTORY BOARD ordnance factory jobs OROP OVER TIME pa/sa PAN PASS PAY pay commission for armed forces pay structure PCDA PENALTY. PENSION PFRDA PHARMACISTS phisically challenged physically handicapped pib PIECE RATE PLB pli PMJDY. POLICE PORT post bank post offices postal postal asst POSTAL BONUS POSTAL DEPT POSTALDEPT ppf pre 2006 pensioners pre-paid taxi/auto inRailway Stations PRIS probationary period Productivity Linked Bonus PROMOTION provident fund RAILWAY BOARD RAILWAY EMPLOYEES RAILWAYS RALLY RBI recruitement RECRUITMENT RULES REFUND REPUBLIC DAY republicday RESERVATION results RETIREMENT retirement age RETIREMENT BENIFITS REVISION OF PAY revision of pension RGESS RH. risk allowance ROTATIONAL TRANSFER RTI RULES safety sag/hag sbi sc SC/ST scholarship SCIENTIST SCOOTER ADVANCE SCOVA.FAMILY PENSIONERS scst security seniority service record sexual harassment in work place SHRAM AWARDS six days week SMOKING SPECIAL DISABILITY LEAVE special concessions sport SSC st STAGNATION INCREMENT STENOGRAPERS stitching charges STRIKE STRIKE BALLOT students study leave summer coaching camp suspention Swacch Bharat SWINE FLU TA TATKAL BOOKINGS tds TEACHER TRAINING teachers ticket TN GOVT TOURISM.ANDROID APP TRADE UNIONS TRAI train enquiry transfer TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE UCIL udc UGC UIN UNION UNION CABINET university UPPSC UPSC UPSRTC URC employees UTTARAKHAND RELIEF VACANCIES VACANCY vigilance VOLUNTARY RETIREMENT VRS WAGE REVISION WAGES washing allowance welfare schemes for disabled WOMEN EMPLOYEES workers